Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Baton Rouge is seeking a full time Analyst/Disbursement Specialist to support our State Office for Refugees Program.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated aptitude in grants management – Federal programs preferred
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with multiple providers, and diverse populations
- Flexibility; ability to adapt to constant change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment to meet department goals & deadlines
- Excellent problem solving abilities, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience working with and handling confidential documents and information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience in bookkeeping/Accounts Payable
- Previous payroll experience desired.
- Ability to communicate in multiple languages desired but not required
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle insurance required
- Ability to travel in state and periodically out of state
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
- Budget management including grant budgeting.
- Certification and processing of payment requests
- Monthly financial reporting
- Ongoing education to effectively advocate on behalf of resettlement and immigration issues in the larger community.
- Meeting program objectives and ensuring that clients & staff are treated fairly and with respect
- Regular data audits, reporting and performance monitoring
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, speaking, reading, and writing and typing up to 8 hours per day. Occasionally carrying / lifting up to 30 lbs., reaching above shoulder level, bending, and gripping/grasping. Must be able to operate a computer for long periods without interruption. Must be able to accurately perceive computer screen text.
- Frequent operation of a motor vehicle. Frequent travel to work sites in Baton Rouge, Lafayette and the Archdiocese of New Orleans. Occasional travel out of state to attend conferences, trainings and meetings
Catholic Charities is a mission-based organization and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider it a privilege to serve people of all faiths and socio-economic backgrounds. Our leadership is mission-driven, energetic, disciplined and self-motivated. We value diversity, service, compassion and accountability; we hold ourselves responsible for delivering outcomes that change people’s lives and our community.
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt