Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Baton Rouge is seeking a full time Accountant to perform day-to-day finance operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and grants administration. Incumbent will work closely with program leaders and their staff regarding finance and accounting procedures and to explore the development of the finance function as it relates to the support of program operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 3 yrs. previous experience in accounting management
- Demonstrated experience in QuickBooks, MS Office
- Working knowledge of ADP Payroll
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work independently & reliably
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Assist the CFO in the management of local, state and federal funding streams and foundation grants and contracts.
- Prepare financial statements and reports
- Assist with budget preparations
- Maintain ledgers in QuickBooks
- Reconcile various bank accounts
- Conduct invoice activity and grants fiscal management
- Inventory support
Catholic Charities is a mission-based organization and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider it a privilege to serve people of all faiths and socio-economic backgrounds. Our leadership is mission-driven, energetic, disciplined and self-motivated. We value diversity, service, compassion and accountability; we hold ourselves responsible for delivering outcomes that change people’s lives and our community.
Job Type: Full Time