Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Baton Rouge is seeking full time, disaster case managers to join our Disaster Recovery team helping individuals and families affected by the recent flood to not only recover but become stronger and more resilient. Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: completing intakes and disaster related needs assessments, establishing goals and desired outcomes, monitoring case plans, making appropriate referrals for additional or ongoing services, documentation, and data entry. This is primarily a field based position, requiring extensive travel within the affected areas surrounding Baton Rouge.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in behavioral sciences, human services, social services or related field is required. Prior experience in disaster case management, disaster response and/or recovery environments including working within multi-disciplinary teams to develop case plans with specified goals and outcomes is strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as, organizational and planning skills
- Sensitivity to the service population's cultural and socio-economic characteristics
- Excellent documentation and data entry skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office programs including Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently and maintain flexibility with work schedule
- Ability to ensure milestones are achieved and deadlines are met.
- Valid Driver’s License, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation is required
Catholic Charities is a mission-based organization and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider it a privilege and an honor to serve people of all faiths and socio-economic backgrounds. The agency was the lead case management agency following Hurricane Katrina. Our leadership is mission-driven, energetic, disciplined and self-motivated. We value diversity, service, compassion and accountability; we hold ourselves responsible for delivering outcomes that change people’s lives and our community.
Job Type: Temporary Full Time